The New Hampshire Alpine Racing Association is a
voluntary NH corporation whose purposes are:
1. To promote alpine racing programs in the
interests of New Hampshire competitors.
2. To coordinate NH alpine programs with those of
the U.S.S.A./Eastern Division and the Federation Internationale de Ski
3. To assist New Hampshire competitors; and
encourage others to make available facilities, financial aid and other
support, thus enabling racers to achieve their full potential
including the opportunity to participate and succeed in State,
National and International competition.
4. To cooperate closely with vital elements of the
alpine ski industry in New Hampshire for the promotion of the sport
and for the benefit of New Hampshire competitors.
5. To cooperate with N.H. Ski Areas.
NHARA is franchised by USSA to administer its
programs within New Hampshire, to wit:
1. To arrange and confirm a suitable race schedule
for all levels of competition.
2. To determine and administer procedures for the
selection of racers to fill New Hampshire quotas at major Eastern
3. To encourage the growth and development of
strong, productive local training programs, which are the foundation
of ski racing.
4. To coordinate Eastern and USSA programs with the
local training programs of ski clubs, academies, schools and colleges.
5. To participate in the governance of USSA in
administration and policy-making
NHARA is governed by a 25 member Board of Trustees,
with an Executive Committee of 9. Trustees are elected annually. The
Board appoints several committee heads to represent the various state
interests in alpine ski racing. The Board meets regularly. Meetings are
open to all members. NHARA membership is open to anyone with a bona-fide
interest in alpine ski racing in New Hampshire upon payment of annual
dues. Members of the Board of Trustees must also be members of USSA.